Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Aubrey

Kami and Steven were down this past weekend so Kami could go to the Dr.'s and have another ultra sound. Aubrey now weighs 3 1/3 pounds, still at 1% on the growth chart. One of the pictures below is one of the problems she has and that is a whole in her heart. I have learned more about genetics in the past few months! I had never heard about Trisomy 18 before.


Kami is 35 weeks and the time is coming soon.

As a mother I want to take all the pain away from Kami and Steven if Aubrey doesn't live long. I have problems with wanting to be in control and I have no control over what happens with Aubrey. We are praying for her and hope that we all get to keep her for some time. I know we have trials in life and they help us grow and become better people but some trials seems so hard to bare. I know that this is in the Lords hands and that he loves us. We will make it through this. We will love every minute we get with Aubrey. It has been so wonderful to have these 3 & 4D ultrasounds to watch her grow. We can even see hair starting to grow.

I will keep you posted.

7 comments:

Cook Zoo said...

Well, this is just heartbreaking news. I wish I could take away the pain of this too. I have to say, I commend you all for how you're handling it. I can't even imagine how difficult this is, but I'm really proud of you for talking so much about it instead of locking it all away (the way many people would). That takes a lot of faith and courage. Your family has such amazing strength - just one more reason why I love you all so much. Thank you for sharing little Aubrey with us. She has such a sweet little face! I, too, will be praying for a miracle and hope she can stay with you for as long as possible. (hugs)

Donna

Unknown said...

Wow, Aubrey is one special baby girl coming to one special family. My heart aches for Kami and Steve and for all of you but it seems like everyone is handling things as best they can. My heart is with you all. I too pray that Aubrey will stay with you for as long as possible.

Love,
Taryn

Barnes Blog said...

HELLO!!! This is so exciting!! I love Blogging, I haven't seen you in forever! How are you guys? I'm so excited that Kami is having a baby, she's so stinking cute. Now she's the type of girl you want to be like when your pregnant. How are Craig and Tim?

Barnes Blog said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Mary Ann said...

it was so fun to look at your blog.. you are already an awesome grandma. i love your family and think you are amazing! i'm so glad you had kami so she could be part of our family. i love her!! thanks for sharing her with us!

Burgess said...

It breaks my heart to think of what your daughter is going through. You just have to imagine what a special little person Aubrey is that she doesn't have to go through what the rest of us do -- Heavenly Father couldn't live without her even a short time!

I saw something on TV and I thought of you and your daughter -- nowilaymedowntosleep.org -- Professional photographers donate their time and resources to take beautiful pictures of your baby while they are here with us. Just thought I would let you know about it.

Jo Dee said...

Hello reynolds family. We love the family picture here on your blog. Sorry to hear about your soon to be grandbaby.We will keep your family in our prayers