Thursday, March 5, 2009

Aubrey

On March 7 it will be a year since Aubrey came into our lives and left us wanting to become a better person in this life. At times it has felt like it has been years since this experience. We think of her often and wonder what she would have been like if we were able to keep her. I long to hold her and I imagine what it would be like to have a little toddler grandchild running around.


I try to find positive in all things and so I have had to make my mind think of positive things in this experience and not dwell on my selfish wants. I'm grateful that she is a beacon to help me be a better person to do the things I need to, to be with her again. I'm grateful she will not have to go through the hardships of this life. I think it has brought our family even closer to each other and to not take life for granted. I'm grateful for Eternal Families!





We planted a orange tree last year in memory of Aubrey. It has been fun to go out and look at our "Aubrey Tree". So as we celebrate her 1 year birthday It has been a joy to see all the blooms that have come on her tree. Spring has become an even more enjoyable time for me. I'm reminded that life goes on. I look forward to watching this tree grow and grow, to show our future grandchildren our "Aubrey Tree", and sharing with them the knowledge that I have that Families are Forever.

5 comments:

simplyshye said...

Thank you Jeannie ! Thank YOU
:-)

John and Lisa said...

What a great tribute to Aubrey, Jeannie! It's hard to believe it's been one year. Thanks for sharing something so personal today.

Cook Zoo said...

I can't believe it's been a year either. Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. I think of you all often. I love the Aubrey Tree. :)
Hugs

Barnes Blog said...

I am thankful for this post. There are so many, more than I ever thought, that have loved and lost children. Hearing this and hearing how you love her so much makes my heart ache, but I am so grateful to see how you are your wonderful family handle these hard situations. I am more grateful now for my children and love my little baby sleeping in the next room just a little more.
I love you Jeanie!

Susan said...

I have been thinking of you all recently. Hugs and prayers sent your way.