Monday, July 14, 2008

Out with the old...in with the New

Here is y sewing machine I have had for sooo many years! I think I got it when I was 16 or 17 and it was a hand me down then. Well I have babied this poor machine and every year it seems like I have to get it fixed! I couldn't take it any longer this year. I had just finished my 3rd quilt and I was starting on girls camp quilts and I didn't have time to deal with this fossil! I made a decisionand went and found me a new sewing machine!
Here is my new machine! I love it! I'm sure my husband and family are tired of it because It is out in the family room, and I'm helping sew LOTs of quilts with the Young Women. We have 13 days left before camp! Not many are done! Mine is! I do love my new machine! It is the small things in life.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I remember that old machine! It actually reminds me of an old story - where Shannon didn't pay her bills at the Broadmor house, and you took her sewing machine hostage, locking it in the trunk of your old tan car. Then she called her police officer friend and he said it was illegal property seizure so we had to give it back to her even though she didn't pay us....! Does that ring a bell? Lisa

jack+alli said...

VERY nice upgrade!!!

Susan said...

I hope that the new machine makes it through all of the girls camp quilts. I remember those days!